Director, Asia Sales - RAPT Touch
Base location: Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Travel: 25-50%, Regional or intercontinental
Activity rate: 100% (full time)
Direct reports: Sales personnel
Education: College (Undergraduate)
Language: Mandarin and fluency in English (reading-writing-speaking) are required.
Desired start date: TBD
Experience: Minimum 8 years of sales experience in high tech industry with a proven track record in:
- Closing new sales
- Building and managing customer relationships with OEMs and ODMs
- Uncovering new customer relationships and sales opportunities
- Providing relevant product and technology customer feedback back to Product/Engineering
- Engaging with distributed teams on a world-wide basis
- Problem solving
- Driving results
- Strategic thinking
- Excelling at being a team player
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Business Development and Marketing, the Director Asia Sales is responsible for establishing Asia sales targets to assist in meeting company objectives. The position is also responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization. Essential functions of the position are:
- Lead RAPT’s sales organization in Asia.
- Develop an annual sales plan for the Asia region.
- Ensure communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements.
- Act as the primary customer interface in Asia for business related matters.
- Primary interface with Project Engineering in customer deployments of RAPT technology.
- Negotiate business terms and assist in executing contracts with customers.
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Implement approved Distribution strategies.
- Build, develop and manage sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
With this position, RAPT is seeking senior leadership to drive and manage customer interactions in Asia. Most of RAPT’s new customers are or will be based in Asia. RAPT needs an experienced sales professional who can be the ‘face of RAPT’ with the customer on a day-to-day basis in that region. The person who fills this role will be a leader, be well versed in RAPT’s products and possess a clear understanding of the industry. This person must also be an excellent communicator always seeking opportunities to influence and build new customer relationships.
RAPT is a well funded, fast growing, innovative & global start-up company. RAPT's mission is to become the leading enabler of Multi-Touch Interfaces for Interactive Flat Panels. RAPT's multi-touch sensing technology is uniquely positioned to disrupt the market of large volume touch screen driven interfaces.